The most common diagnoses for lower back pain in athletes are
- Tension of the muscles around the spine
- Spondylolysis, Spondylolysthesis
- Disc degeneration (discus degeneration, discus protrusion, discus hernia)
Treatment for lower back pain
- The treatment depends on the exact diagnosis, the most common solution being conservative therapy, i.e., physiotherapy, massage and physical therapy.
- Depending on what is causing the pain, it may be necessary to immobilize the spine, especially in cases of so-called fatigue injuries of the vertebrae (spondylolysis, spondylolysthesis).
- Core-training is a gymnastics exercise that strengthens the stabilizing muscles of the spine and compensates for any lateral or anterior-posterior asymmetries, thus ensuring proper stability of the spine and helping to distribute the load on the vertebrae and discs.
- Surgical intervention may be necessary for certain problems.